6.28.2006

Terry S. retirement

I went to Terry's retirement party today. Terry is 55 and has been with Wells Fargo for 26 years. He is working on a Master's degree in Math and wants to teach at the university level.

I've know Terry for the 10 years I have been in Minneapolis: as my INFO resource, Remedy programmer, & CA7 expert.

Folk at the party: Jay P, Nona, Paula R, Peggy H., Joni Z, Mary M, John S, Bruce N (who himself is retiring next week!), Denny, Linda C., also saw Julie R.

My retirement ... 9 years and 2 months away. For me I am happy with my work. I am still having fun and still engaged with my work. My future: "life is a vapor that appeareth for a little time and then vanishes away". At 57 (almost) I don't know if I will live 1 year or 30 years! Acquaintance at work is dying of stomach cancer (and he is not even 50). My friend Warren died not even 45 of cancer. So I must have a credo: "for me to live is for Christ and to die is gain". I can plan for the future, but I must live every day for Christ. I have to be missional like John the Baptist!


  1. Push back from change folk for major deployment. Case where change people do not know what their own business is doing! Big mtg tomorrow to resolve.
  2. Engaged Chris O ... graphics artist ... to build "tent card" to place by desktops. Need to have done by 7/27
  3. Another mild challenge to my new website ... the old Cold Fusion vs. Sharepoint arguement. Issue is what is entry point. I stood my ground in no uncertain terms.
  4. Email from my loving cousin Donna. We are going to see them in July
  5. Mom's car still in the shop ... water pump




Avoid this! Matthew 13:22, Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic