6.16.2006

Alvah Peet




My Dad:

Born: March 29, 1918
Died: December 1999 (one day before their 57th anniversary)

A good man. A tough man. I did not know him well but I know he loved me. He was very sick at the end. I miss him.

He was faithful to my Mom. He worked hard at A.T.&T. for more than 40 years. Served in the Army in WW II. He loved electronics. He knew Morse Code. He loved boating and swimming. He was very strong. He read the paper and Newsweek. He watched Oprah. He fixed cars. He was generous. He left a stamp of himself on me.

A few things I appreciated about him:


  1. He was direct and clear (not wishy-washy ... you knew what he meant and he meant what he said)
  2. He was strong
  3. He was true and honest
  4. He was fun (boating, camping, swimming)
  5. He was ambitious. He was willing to try new things

    • He could fix a TV
    • He could fix a car
    • He could build a bedroom for his boys
    • He could finish the basement

  6. He lived within his means and was a rich man for it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic