- I sent her on an errand to Bed, Bath and Beyond
- I asked her to use the checkbook (from Capital One 360) because I had just paid the credit cards and I almost always end the week with a zero balance on the cards
- Well paying by check at a retail establishment apparently isn't done much any more
- The retail clerk had never handled a payment by check before
- The single thread check-out line stacked up behind my wife and they finally had to be redirected to a service desk
- Paying by check for BB&B is a 4 step (very slow) process
- Observation: as much as retailers complain about the costs of credit cards, they speed their processes and they are not liable for the debt.
Update on 1/24/2017: Go ahead write a check