3.19.2015

"10-2-4" is the Doctor's Prescription for Centenarian



Dr. Pepper The Doctor Of Choice For A 104-Year-Old Woman

Excerpt:

A Fort Worth woman is celebrating her 104th year of life. “Well at 103 I didn’t think I’d make it, but I’m still perking along.” At 104 years old, Elizabeth Sullivan says she doesn’t need the advice of real doctors. So she keeps another doctor close by. “People try to give me coffee for breakfast. Well, I’d rather have a Dr. Pepper.” Sullivan fell in love with the soft drink’s trademark “23 flavors” when she was in her 60’s. “I started drinking them about 40 years ago. Three a day. Every doctor that sees me says they’ll kill you, but they die and I don’t. So there must be a mistake somewhere.”
Comment: The old bottles of Dr Pepper had "10 2 4" advertising slogan: "Drink a bite to eat at 10, 2, and 4." Image source. Dr Pepper history site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic