2.14.2012

In praise of Dave's Barber Shop

Taxpayers fleeced in bailout of Senate barbershop ‘institution’

Excerpt:
America’s most distinguished leaders get their hair cut at the Senate barbershop, but taxpayers are the ones really getting clipped.

The barbershop ran almost $300,000 in the red last year but received an infusion from Senate coffers that is keeping it in business, the Senate sergeant at arms, Terrance Gainer, told The Daily.

A federal bailout isn’t that unusual since the economic downturn, but some senators didn’t even know their salon was in hot water — and don’t think it should be, considering what they pay for a little off the ears.

A shampoo, cut and blow dry is $27 and highlights are $105, according to the barbershop’s website.
Comment: My regular barber is my wife and a 10 year old Wahl clipper. Kathee does a super job: shaves around the ears and uses the razer on my neck. Plus she trims my eyebrows. Every now and then she is too busy to cut my hair and I find myself at Dave's Barbershop. They manage to give me a decent haircut for $ 12. (cash only ... no credit cards!). AND they manage to do this without taking a government subsidy!

2 comments:

  1. How do you even run that big of a deficit for a barbershop? 25,000$/month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post.
    Salt Lake City barbers

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic