11.09.2010

Cincinnati Financial Corp. (CINF)

3 ETFs and 13 Dividend Stocks to Balance Your Asset Allocation

Excerpt:

The relatively high yields of the Financial Services sector also make it appealing to dividend growth investors. The Financial Services sector is well represented in the stocks that I track, accounting for nearly 17%.With most banks falling out of favor, many higher-yielding insurance companies have filled the void, including: Erie Indemnity Co. (ERIE), Harleysville Group Inc. (HGIC), Cincinnati Financial Corp. (CINF) and Mercury General Corp. (MCY).

Comment: The next stock purchase I am considering (CINF). Appeals to me because of high yield (5.2%) / low P/E ratio = 9.89 and relatively easy entry (100 shares for approx $ 3000)

2 comments:

  1. How do you do your stock research, all in all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am kind of new to this to be honest.

    I follow the Dividend.com blog. I have a large spreadsheet with about 250 stocks that I follow. Basically I am looking for stocks that pay dividends above 2% .. better above 3%. A consistent history of dividend payouts. Generally we do not own any more than 100 shares of any stock (although several stocks we have more of). I use finance.yahoo.com as well

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic