5.22.2008

ITunes, IPOD, and Mac

I finally am getting an Ipod Nano. It is to arrive tomorrow.

One thing very nice about the MAC is the tight integration of ITunes with Mac OS X.

I used to have a Rio mp3 player and integration with Windows XP was deficient.

Tonight I am ripping some CD's (eg Simon and Garfunkle, Johnny Cash) and enjoying some old (30-40 years old) music. I bought a very nice set of headphones from woot.com and I am quietly chilling out.

Kathee is working (in the office, VPN'd into work!). My day today and my week was so hectic. Today I was on an emergency outage call from 9 a.m. until 3:45 p.m.

5 comments:

  1. Why not an iPod Touch? It does everything that the iPhone does except make phone calls...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think I needed that much space. I might be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hardly have any CDs, so I get all my music from Rhapsody. The only complaint I have is that my stupid player will out of the blue, for no apparent reason stop working and tell me to "synch with your computer." I'm checking with some technical guys to see if they can find a fix.

    How much is the service for Itunes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't intend to buy from ITunes (the service). I have hundreds (I'm not really sure) of CDs. I intend to rip them all into ITunes (the application).

    I have a disparate collection. EG: The Chieftains, Johnny Cash, musicals (Phantom, Evita), Christian, classical, the Beach Boys, Elvis, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon, iTunes doesn't have any kind of "all you can download" service that I know of. You simply pay for what you buy. Complete albums are typically about $12, single songs $0.99 each.

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic