Kathee and I were married 32 years ago today in Temple Terrace, Florida.
Kathee was 23 and I was 25.
We honeymooned in Florida. We spent the first night of our marriage at The Don Cesar.
For one week we toured Florida (in my 1973 Satellite Sebring) visiting:
I had an Egg McMuffin for the first time in my life (as I recall we ate at McDonald's for more than one breakfast on our honeymoon!
Subsequent nights of our honeymoon, we stayed at "Day's Inn" (which at that time was $ 8.88 per night)
- Kathee was at the office until 11
- We met Dave and Colleen for lunch at the Crossroads Deli
- We took a brief drive and visited the sites of two of the earlier 4th Baptist's locations: 18th and Dupont (now a vacant lot) and 21st and Fremont
- We commenced Exodus tonight ... reading chapters 1 & 2
- MacArthur had an interesting comment on Genesis 50:26, "Exodus picked up the historical narrative, after a 280 year, ca. 1525 B.C. with the birth of Moses" (death of Joseph @ 1804 B.C.)
- I bought Kathee Foundations of the Christian Faith (James Montgomery Boice) for Christmas. Boice wrote in the late 70's and it was published by Inter Varsity in four paperback volumes. Now it is published as one volume.
- I read a couple of chapters (they are short) tonight.
- Here's a good quote: "In the Bible alone we learn of God's redemption of sinners in Christ; through the Bible the Spirit speaks to individuals. Therefore, as Calvin says, 'Our wisdom ought to be nothing else to embrace with humble teachableness, and at least without finding fault, whatever is taught in sacred Scripture.'" (p. 38)