12.29.2006

Moses' Objections


  1. Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh? (Exodus 3:11)
  2. (When) they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them? (Exodus 3:13)
  3. But suppose they will not believe me or listen to my voice; suppose they say, ‘The LORD has not appeared to you.’? (Exodus 4:1)
  4. Then Moses said to the LORD, “O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.” (Exodus 4:10)


Comments: These are essentially the same objections that most Christians have today:


  1. Who am I?
  2. What shall I say?
  3. What if they won't listen?
  4. I'm not much of a speaker!


There is no higher privilege than being a spokesman for God and every Christian has been so called (Matthew 28:19, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations"). Its easy to question God with our doubt, but it is better to obey with a confidence that He is with us (Matthew 28:20, "and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age").





  1. We had lunch with Barb and Scott M in Woodbury. We had a great time with them and their three daughters.
  2. I paid all bills and balanced the checkbook (starting the year out right!)
  3. Roger is on his way to Babbitt MN to spend the weekend at a friend's cabin
  4. We tried something new (at our friends' house) ... raspberry jam with chili pepper. We bought a jar today at Byerly’s: Robert Rothschild Hot Pepper Raspberry Preserves

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic