6.22.2006

Sharepoint or ?

One of the young (30 years my junior) engineers is recommending that I use Sharepoint. He does not like my Cold Fusion site ... he does not like my calendar from Brown Bear Software, etc. I am open minded about Sharepoint and have a meeting set up tomorrow with web engineer to discuss.

Change Management: I used to be a Change Manager so I know a thing or two about this. Now I am a change requester ... shoe on the proverbial "other foot". I met with Darcy, our C.M. today. I reviewed my stages of Release Management Visio chart with her. She gave me good direction and Janice W from ECM (Enterprise Change Management) got all set up for me. I wrote 6 changes to deploy to 20,000 desktops over the next two months ... starting July 14th ... ending September 27th. Should be interesting.

Another business unit called me today about deployment to 450 desktops. Mtg next week to discuss plan.

I sent out solicitation email for UAT testers for Diskeeper. So far 1 person signed up. I need 50!

Tomorrow reviewing my 8 stages of DTC (Desk Top Connection) Release Management with my manager and my other sponsor. This is a "barney" style simplified chart (previous guy had a 6 page Visio chart with "swim lanes" (they confuse me!). My approach is to simplify. My boss asked is it "Barney Fife", "Barney Rubble", or "Barney the Dinosaur". I said "take your pick".

Brother came by tonight for coffee.




Reading: Matthew 3:17, And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” A famous Bath Qol. Here's another one: Mark 9:7, "And a cloud came and overshadowed them; and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son. Hear Him!”"

Dear reader: Do you know Christ ... are you listening to Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic