6.20.2006

Local Development (Again)


Mike M who sits on my floor recommended connected up to a "preview" SQL server site (separate from production (on a remote server in California). This was interesting and I had a mess until I got it all unraveled.


  1. Today I had to change network passwords (both laptops) and plus I made this Cold Fusion SQL Server change
  2. Along the way I could not log onto SQL Server 2000 running on my PC. Not sure what it was related to but I don't need it anymore anyways (I still need Enterprise Manager that installed with developer SQL Server 2000)
  3. Testing found some issues (mostly permissions not being set, keys not matching, plus an issue with <CFMAIL>
  4. <CFMAIL> issue was that in production I did not need to specify a mail server ... but my local had to specify. I found this out when inserts (which I have a <CFMAIL> tag to send me an email) failed.
  5. See illustration below






  1. News that my friend Terry S. is retiring at the end of the month
  2. Met with Bill about export of data to Excel via a CF page
  3. Found out that a friend at work is a member of Berean Baptist Church
  4. Worked on export to Excel and got my example to work just fine




Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I do not change; Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob

Malachi 3:18 Then you shall again discern Between the righteous and the wicked, Between one who serves God And one who does not serve Him

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic