2.09.2007

Database project

I finished my database project at work. We maintain internal business contacts for more than 100 AD-ENT organizational units (OU's). I inherited an Excel spreadsheet when I took this job. It was completely out of date. Each OU has a planner who is the business liaison to that business unit (BU). I actually had this database up (in SQL Server) last Fall, but this year, I have modified it with a front end that enables each planner to update the database themselves. It has these features:


  1. Security: Each planner can log in with certain login credentials and a password
  2. Robust: SQL Server in a datacenter with redundancy and BCP (backup)
  3. Logging: The system logs changes to tables that I (as the administrator) can view
  4. Certification: There is a certification step (we anticipate enforcing this quarterly) where the planner has to certify the business unit and technical contacts. This certification is logged
  5. Notification: When the table is modified, the system sends an email to my 'other' email account that I use just for this business function
  6. Administration: I have an administrator's page where I can change planners, view activity, etc.


I will demo this to my manager on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic