2.07.2007

The Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk

My daughter, Rachel, will be walking 60 miles one weekend this Summer to raise money for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and the National Philanthropic Trust.

She did this two years ago. It's not easy to walk 60 miles (I couldn't do it). In 2005 she raised over $ 2,000 by participating in this. All the proceeds go to the foundation. Rachel pays her own event entrance fee, and all of her own costs.

In her own words:


Join me in the fight against breast cancer


Please support me as I take an amazing journey in the fight against breast cancer! The Breast Cancer 3-Day is a 60-mile walk over the course of three days. Net proceeds benefit the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and the National Philanthropic Trust, funding important breast cancer research, education, screening, and treatment.


This year I am walking in honor of my Grandma Peet, my Aunt Colleen, Minnie-Ann Klone and all the other women who will be touched by this disease.



This year, Rachel has committed to raising $ 2,200. If you are interested in donating, follow the link below. Any amount would be appreciated (even as little as $ 5!). Hope all my viewers will consider a donation.



The Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic