2.17.2007

How important is the church?

How important is the church?

My observations:


  1. The vast majority of the occurrences of the Greek word ("ekklesia") "Church" in the New Testament refer to a local body of believers
  2. The word "ekklesia" means "called out assembly"
  3. Pictured in this word is:

    1. It assembles (not mystical) (it actually mets in time and space)
    2. It is a group of people
    3. The members are special "called out"

  4. Do I love "the church"?
  5. My model is Christ who "loved the church and gave Himself for it"
  6. If He loved it, and I model my life upon His (follow Him), then I am called to "love it" as well
  7. This does not mean that I am "bonkers in excitement" about everything "churchy". I'm not particularly excited about business meetings
  8. My church is 4th Baptist in Plymouth, MN. Here's what I love about it

    1. I love its teaching and it's position
    2. I love its pastors (and I pray daily for them)
    3. I have an affinity with my Brothers and Sisters there

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic