9.30.2007

McCain: No Muslim president

McCain: No Muslim president, U.S. better with Christian one

Excerpt:

GOP presidential candidate John McCain says America is better off with a Christian President and he doesn't want a Muslim in the Oval Office.

"I admire the Islam. There's a lot of good principles in it," he said. "But I just have to say in all candor that since this nation was founded primarily on Christian principles, personally, I prefer someone who I know who has a solid grounding in my faith."

Beliefnet link

Comment: He'll take a lot of heat for this! Based upon the one Muslim in a national office, Congressman Keith Ellison, I doubt I would vote for a Muslim for President. Previous CFG comments on Congressman Ellison

More from AP: McCain: I'd Prefer Christian President

Excerpt:

The Arizona senator was also asked about the confusion over which Christian denomination he belongs to. "I was raised Episcopalian, I have attended the North Phoenix Baptist Church for many years and I am a Christian," McCain said. He added that he has considered being baptized in the Baptist church, but he does not want to do it during the presidential race because "it might appear as if I was doing something that I otherwise wouldn't do."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic