10.09.2009

I agree with Lech Walesa

Nobel Committee's Decision Courts Controversy

Excerpt:

"So soon? Too early. He has no contribution so far," former Polish President Lech Walesa, who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1983, said Friday. "He is still at an early stage."


Comment: I heard it on the TV news while I was still half asleep. When I got up I asked Kathee if I had been dreaming.

Other expressions of astonishment:

Excerpt:

Issam al-Khazraji, a day laborer in Baghdad, said of Obama: "He doesn't deserve this prize. All these problems -- Iraq, Afghanistan -- have not been solved ... man of 'change' hasn't changed anything yet."

Liaqat Baluch, a senior leader of the Jamaat-e-Islami, a conservative religious party in Pakistan, called the award an embarrassing "joke."

...

"It would be wonderful if I could think why he won," said Claire Sprague, 82, a retired English professor as she walked her dog in Manhattan's Greenwich Village. "They wanted to give him an honor I guess, but I can't think what for."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic