8.27.2007

Miscellaneous Thoughts


  1. Kathee and I drove separately to work today (we both work downtown about a block apart) because she had a business dinner afterwards. I hate driving to work by myself!
  2. I received a call from my Mom today. Her '94 Sable blew a head gasket and needs major engine work. Her shop says that the car is just not worth repairing. She is shopping for a new car (which is a first time experience for my widowed Mother). I offered to fly to Dallas on Thursday night to help her shop for a car on Friday but she declined my offer.
  3. I took Rachel and Nathan out to the Big Bowl tonight. Roger is at his first class this semester (Normandale College) and Kathee was at dinner with her boss and peers.
  4. Rachel bought me two tickets to this Friday's Twins game. I said "Mom and I will enjoy this". She said "You're going with me!". So I have a Friday night date with my daughter. Should be fun.
  5. I had an important meeting at work today where progress was made on issues that have been an obstacle to me at work. Hopefully real change takes place!
  6. Do you find this odd? Minneapolis: Anarchists to hold planning meeting. I find it hard to believe that anarchists would organize! Maybe it's just me!
  7. Sleaze! Senator pleaded guilty, reportedly after bathroom stall incident
  8. Oxymoron: Best Fast Food Restaurant. I would pick Subway over Hardee's any day!
  9. Interesting email tip: (you may need to try this). Categorize your email by adding a +"text" to your email address. This works with my Gmail account. Say your email address is yourname@gmail.com. You can route mail to yourname+text@gmail.com. How might you use this? You can use the +text to categorize incoming mail. Say you bank at bigbank and you want to forward all your emails from bigbank to another account. Set up yourname+bigbank@gmail.com as your email account. Then use gmail filters to forward all email with +bigbank@gmail.com to another account. I came across this tip this weekend as I was figuring out how to have all of our banking related email go to both me AND my wife.
  10. I had the stitches taken out of my eyebrow today.
  11. I'm reading My Year Inside Radical Islam: A Memoir


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic