8.16.2007

The hook in Sennacherib's nose



Kathee and I are reading through the Old Testament and this week came to 2 Kings 18 & 19. Oh how I love the Kings!

2 Kings 19:28, "Because your rage against Me and your tumult Have come up to My ears, Therefore I will put My hook in your nose And My bridle in your lips, And I will turn you back By the way which you came"

2 Kings 19:32-34


32 “Therefore thus says the LORD concerning the king of Assyria:

‘He shall not come into this city,
Nor shoot an arrow there,
Nor come before it with shield,
Nor build a siege mound against it.

33 By the way that he came,
By the same shall he return;
And he shall not come into this city,’
Says the LORD.

34 ‘For I will defend this city, to save it
For My own sake and for My servant David’s sake.’”





How this blessed me: This text demonsrates the absolute sovereignty of God over the nations! How it comforts my heart!

Image from www.livius.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic