8.19.2007

58th Birthday

We had a small family celebration tonight for my 58th birthday. Rachel is out of town in Midland, MI and missing.

Pictures:




Brother (Roger) and his wife (Kathy)



Roger and me. (Mother got me geode bookends)



Kathee and me (235 lbs)



Roger w his USMC beer stein



Roger w old fedora of mine



Birthday thoughts:

  1. Wow I can't believe I am 58!
  2. If God enables me, and I am able, I hope to work until I am 66
  3. For some unknown reason (but I am not complaining!), my back pain disappeared this week (after I think 3 months or more!). How long it will be gone? Don't know, but I am thankful today!
  4. Psalm 90:12, "So teach us to number our days,That we may gain a heart of wisdom". Every day is a gift. Every day I must endeavor to live for my Savior.
  5. Birthday presents: geode bookends (more properly nodules!); classical game of "Risk"; The Ultimate Film Noir Collection
  6. Dinner: brats w sauerkraut, baked beans, red potato salad. Dessert: Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic