8.19.2006

Thoughts on my 57th birthday

Thank you Kathee for the nice breakfast!


  1. Journey: I'm on the road to eternity and life in this body is the first chapter! I'm saved (John 3:16). My Dad lived to 81 ... Mom is alive at 86. If I live to 80 I have only 23 years left here. Of course there are no guarantees!
  2. Purpose: The Westminster Catechism:


    Q: What is the chief end of man?
    A: Man's chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.


    1 Corinthians 10:31. Whether therefore ye eat, or drink,
    or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
    Romans 11:36. For of him, and through him, and to him,
    are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
    Psalm 73:24-26. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and
    afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but
    thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside
    thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God isthe strength
    of my heart, and my portion for ever.
    John 17:22, 24. And the glory which thou gavest me I have
    given them; that they may be one, even as we are one...
    Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me,
    be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory,
    which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before
    the foundation of the world.

  3. Confidence: Philippians 1:5-6
    for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until
    now, 6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has
    begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of
    Jesus Christ.




Today's tasks:

  1. Shop for a car with Roger
  2. Mow
  3. Grocery shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic