8.30.2018

I lost a Knight to a foolish mistake but still prevailed


The keys to this game:
  • I controlled the E column with two Rooks early
  • I took out the Black Bishop that traversed the black diagonal, leaving Black's Bishop that traversed the white diagonal powerless. (Note how almost every White Pawn is on a white square!)
  • I used my White Knight to control the left center (until I lost him on a foolish mistake)
  • I opened the A column and advanced my Pawn to promotion. When Black blocked advancement at A8, I swept my White Rook to the 8 horizontal ... checking the Black King. Black sacrificed his Rook and I was able to promote Pawn to King
  • Now with two Queens, I traded Queen for Queen.
  • Then the entrapment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic