12.23.2012

Merry Christmas - Wise Men still seek Him


Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, saying, “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him. (Matthew 2:1-2)

  • We thank God for His grace and mercy for our family this year - not that we are surprised.
  • I daily reflect upon the truth of Romans 9:15, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion"
  • In my 63rd year, I am cognizant of my own mortality and that every day is a gift. My responsibility is to gift my life back to my Lord and Savior: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." (Romans 12:1-2)
  • Highlights of this year:
    • My daughter married on Labor day and we welcome a fine son-in-law into our family
    • We received news that we are to be grandparents (my 2nd son who was married 2 years ago) this coming July.
    • We had a great vacation with my sister and mother to San Antonio in May
    • The year commenced with my being arrested . This hung over me like a black cloud until it was finally resolved in June.
    • After I had a nasty intestinal infection in 2011 (that took almost 8 months to resolve!), I again was sick this year until the weird procedure this month that cured me. I have too many people to thank with regard to this:
      • My manager Denise who was patient with me.
      • My Liberty Mutual case worker, Erin, who worked all the details on my short-term disability.
      • Nila S my infectious disease Doctor.
      • Dave S my Gastroenterologist
      • Methodist Hospital and the staff who cared for me (link and link)
      • My wife!!! and family (who prayed for me and encouraged me)
    • Our 38th anniversary (to be celebrated this week)
    • Kathee and I continue to serve in our church and minister in one of the young adult Bible fellowships
    • I am completing my 19th year with Wells Fargo and am thankful for the material provisions that God enables through my employment.
Comment: The Christmas card image is from my sister-in-law's antique Christmas Card collection

2 comments:

  1. I was driving East on Hwy 55 in Medina yesterday. I'm in the same red arrest truck. I have a red shirt on on a red wool cap with white trim that says "Noel".

    On the right shoulder on the West side of Hwy 55 is a Medina police car.

    Just as I past him, he does a U-turn and follows closely behind me.

    I checked the speedometer and I was going 56 mph (in a 55 mph zone). I slowed to 54 and then brought it back up to 55.

    I'm watching the police car in my rear view mirror and thinking ... this guy is going to pull me over.

    Right where Hwy 55 goes from 2 lane to 4 lane, the policeman blinked his lights at me. I'm thinking ... yup I'm going to be pulled over.

    I stayed int the right lane and the cop moved into the left lane and pulled up just to my left and about 20 feet behind me (blind spot area). He stayed right there for about a mile. Then he pulled directly beside me. I glanced over to him and he zipped ahead.

    Yes ... I get spooked by cops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like he was checking to see if you were from the North Pole or not...

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic