7.09.2009

Antigo Wisconsin trip








Kathee and I took a brief overnight trip to Antigo Wisconsin on Tuesday and Wednesday. We worked half a day Tuesday and left from work just after noon.

We packed so fast that I forgot my camera but I did manage 5 pics from my cell phone.

Pics # 1 & 2: The farm house where Kathee was born (in Mattoon Wisconsin). Comments: New since Kathee's family sold the place (1956): Front porch, double garage.

Pic # 3: Gravestone of Kathee's grandparents in the Mattoon cemetery: GrandFather Edward died in 1940, and GrandMother Clara died in 1959.

Pic # 4: Flat tire in Thorp. We hit something and the air escaped very fast. We pulled into a church parking lot and called roadside assistance

Pic # 5: Church sign of the Mennonite church. We rested in the shade of the old church. Church sign has quote from KJV Revelation 22:17, "Let him that is athirst come"

3 comments:

  1. Did you stop at the "Thorpedo" restaurant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we actually did! And my Brother in law who left an hour after us (but came along Hwy 29) was there with his wife and 4 grandkids eating dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! My grandparents are in Wausau - the Thorpedo was always one of the landmarks we watched for as kids to know we were getting close.

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic