5.21.2006

Last BCP (Disaster Recovery Event)!?

I worked from 6:45 p.m. Saturday until 5:35 a.m. Sunday.

The little blue pill:

This is the 4th or 5th overnight that I have worked. Adjusting from working 8 to 5 to working all night is not fun. My secret is the little blue sleeping pill (I’ve lost the box and I’ve forgotten the brand name … but it is over the counter.)

Drugged sleep is not the best sleep but it helps me adjust to working overnight. I took the blue pill at 11:00 a.m. Saturday and got into bed. Kathee had all the blinds closed and had removed the phone. My company cell phone was on vibrate mode in another room (some goof ball called me at 1:20 … and I actually woke up to its vibration … but did not get out of bed).

“Blue” my big dark gray cat snuggled me most of my sleep. I think I work up every hour on the hour but still was able to quickly get back to sleep. Finally got up at 5:00 p.m. Saturday … showered and dressed and ready for work.

Kathee had dinner at 5:45 and I left for Shoreview at 6:10 p.m.

I would like to say that I enjoy overnight BCP work but the reality is I don’t! The accommodations are not great (a small space on a conference room table, a phone that I am not used to using, cold pizza, candy, Frappuccinos and other assorted “crap” that is not good for you!)

I worked with Christine tonight on my shift. She actually volunteered for this work! I gave her a “Service Excellence” when she volunteered a year ago and I will again.


Sometime in the night, I stepped out into the cool air (really too cool for me and I like it cool!) and pondered the greatness of God as I viewed the night sky – Psalm 19:1 “The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork”.

I was home by 6:00 a.m. and joined my wife in bed until 10:30.

My last BCP event? For me … I don’t think I will volunteer for this work. I did it because it was my job. Now I move on.

Other: K., R. and I attended worship at 4th Baptist. It was AWANA awards night. Our AWANA commander (married man and the Father of 3 daughters) announced that he has to go to Iraq (timing unclear to me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic