3.08.2016

No Donuts in Heaven?

Child: "Is it true that Jesus died and went to heaven?"

Mother: "Yes"

Child: "Well I don't want to go there!"

Mother: "Why?"

Child: "Because there are no donuts in heaven"
Comments: Image source.

  • Conversation between my grand-niece and her mother
  • As related to me by my sister
  • We do (at least Christians do) wonder about heaven. So my grand-niece is wondering theologically!
  • My mother (almost 96) talks quite a bit about heaven: "I'm ready to go there". Just before my surgery she said perhaps I would be there soon with her! (It's my destiny but I prefer to stay with my wife for a bit!). 2 Corinthians 5:6-8, "So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. For we walk by faith, not by sight. We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord."
  • Donuts in heaven sounds delightful! I enjoy a donut every now and then myself (Don't think I've had one yet so far in '16)
  • The key thing is that Jesus is in heaven! And that it will be joyous to see Him face to face!
  • (When I think of donuts in heaven ... the feeding of the 5,000 comes to mind!)
  • God giveth good gifts to His children. And we can count on that!

1 comment:

  1. I'm reminded of the song "Es gibt kein Bier in Himmel" (there is no beer in Heaven) for some reason. Might be a fun theological discussion on SharperIron. :^)

    Or, for that matter, donuts.

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic