3.21.2010

I's time we talked about adult toys

I Won't Buy Toys. Unless I Really Want Them.

Excerpts:

Don't turn necessities into toys. A car is a tool, I've told them; buy anything nicer than a midrange Honda and you're buying a toy.

...

The truth is that my parents have taught me, through example, not to buy anything just because it is appealing. I've learned that it's important to deliberate, to rationally weigh whether something is really worth the money. To think before I buy.

But they also taught me, through example, that buying some toys, even if they aren't necessary at all, is OK if they have a high payback in education or entertainment.


Comment: An interesting read about a family discussion about needs vs wants

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic