12.12.2018

Nice morning win


  • This win unfolded in an unusual way for me
  • It was a defensive game where I was not proactive
  • Black exchanged pieces with me, Rook for Rook, Bishop for Knight, Knight for Bishop, Queen for Queen and finally Black Bishop captured White Knight to itself being captured by White King
  • So then ... what remained?
  • Two Kings each with a consort of 7 Pawns
  • White had a good defense of the 3 Pawns to the left and
  • The White King gained the advantage by capturing the Black Pawn in column H
  • This permitted the White Pawn to advance and be promoted to Queen in column H
  • While I did not need a second Queen, I succumbed to overkill mode and gained a second
  • And then the win


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic