7.16.2018

The DEC RP06 disk drive


My largest computer sale of all time was dozens of RP06s to Thrift Drug in Pittsburgh. It was the last week of December in 1977 (I think December 30th.) The total sale was $ 1,800,000. That's about $ 7M in 2018 dollars. It was a very big deal. Corporate had me fax the contract to them b/c it was quarter end. Because our office did not have a fax, Kathee and I drove to downtown Pittsburgh to a speciality center that did business faxes. Then I took her out to an expensive dinner. I made my quota for the year and the year (DEC's fiscal year) was only half over. In my hand (received today) is a 2 terabyte WD drive (about $ 100 with shipping and tax).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic