4.25.2017

Medicare A required at age 65?



Should You Enroll in Medicare if You're Still Working?

Excerpt:

Why You Shouldn't Enroll in Medicare Part A While Still Employed: You should pass on Medicare Part A while working if you are making contributions to a health savings account (HSA) and wish to continue to do so while working. Enrolling in Medicare Part A will terminate that option.
Should I enroll in Medicare if I'm still working past age 65?

Excerpt:

Am I required to enroll in Medicare if I keep working? If you are still working and covered under your employer's or union's health insurance, you are not required to enroll in Medicare at age 65.
Comment: The ship has sailed for us because both Kathee and I are on Medicare. I was still working at 65 and should not have enrolled in Medicare A. I continued to contribute to an HSA plan and was penalized for that. Kathee retired at 65 so there was no issue for her.




1 comment:

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic