Comment: Notes from Apologetics: A Justification of Christian Belief , p 81.
- Muslims and Christians agree that the Bible is divinely inspired
- Muslims argue that the Bible has been mistranslated and distorted, and that God has corrected these distortions in the Qur’an
- But there are no historical basis for the claim that the Bible has been distorted in this way (think the Dead Sea Scrolls or the thousands of extant New Testament manuscripts!)
- Therefore differences between the Bible and the Qur’an must be resolved in the Bible’s favor (since the Bible precedes the Qur’an by centuries (New Testament) / more than a millennia (Old Testament)
- Islam compromises and grievously distorts the doctrine of God – specifically denying the Trinitarian, sovereign Creator God who redeemed his people from sin through the work of His Son