11 High Yield Dividend Champions With Staying Power
The List (with my comments):
- Universal Corp. Off my radar but I would not invest in this company because they are purveyors of tobacco products
- Johnson & Johnson. On my radar but their recalls concern me! (Back burner - not a near horizon investment for me!)
- AT&T, Inc.. In my portfolio
- Sysco Corp.. Hadn't considered but looks like a good stock.
- Sonoco Products Co.. Hadn't heard of until reading this article
- Cincinnati Financial Corp. In my portfolio
- Piedmont Natural Gas Co. Inc.. Off my radar until reading this article
- Clorox Corporation. In my portfolio
- Abbott Laboratories. Drug stocks on in my radar but so far have not invested in any.
- MGE Energy Inc.. Had never heard of until this article. I don't have any energy stocks. Chevron would be the energy stock I would buy (but haven't)
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation. Whenever I think about diaper manufacturers I think about diapers piling up in landfills. That's an emotional response. I probably would pick Procter & Gamble over this stock!
Comment: A great resource here: DRIP (Dividend Investing Resource Center: U.S. Dividend Champions