8.25.2009

This cartoon explains it

If Jay and Katie could do it, I guess I could too!

Comment: The absolute worst part was drinking the fluid. It is a full gallon. I had to drink 32 oz on Sunday night (starting at 6 p.m.) and then another 32 oz on Monday morning (starting at 6 a.m.). Getting over the gag reflex was not easy. The drive to the hospital and the great fear I was going to soil myself was also a panic. (I kept telling my wife, "you are driving like an old lady ... let's get this car going!). The sedative didn't seem to knock me out very much but I did have a hard time walking (w crutches) to the car afterward. When I got home, I settled into my recliner and slept until 5 pm.

As an aside I had a friend die of colon cancer at the age of 46 (It was 18 years ago when I was 42). Watching him die (from the day he told me at church, "I have six months to live", to the day of his death 5 months later; reminds one that having a Colonoscopy is worth it!

I often do not express verbally my appreciation for my dear wife (the "old lady" comment above!), but Kathee really cared for me over the last several days! Thank you Honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic