7.15.2006

LUA Bugs

Good Microsoft blog Aaron Margosis Blog on the topic of "The Non-Admin blog - running with least privilege on the desktop"

Aaron was in Des Moines this week and I was in his presentation on LUA = "Least User Access".

Tip ... do not log on to your Windows PC with "administrative" privilege!

Aaron said that a user logged onto to Windows with admin privilege AND an anti-virus program running has greater exposure to malware than one logged on with limited access and no anti-virus! Think about that! This is the way my LINUX desktop works!

Today on my 3-year old Dell laptop, I created a separate ADMIN user ... and demoted my regular logon "JAMES" to limited.

Only need to logon as ADMIN if you want to add / delete programs.

Aaron's blog many more great tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic