4.17.2019

Draw


  • I made a critical mistake and lost my Queen early in a Knight fork
  • At this juncture in the game, Black is up by:
    • 1 Pawn (8 to 7)
    • And the Black Queen to my White Knight (6 points)
    • 7 Points total!
    • There's no way White can win
    • But I have a very good defense. Eg 
      • The Black Bishop is locked in
      • All of the White Pawns are on Black spaces (impervious to attack)
      • My White Bishop is really mis-positioned but is protected by my Knight
    • For the last two dozen moves, I have moved my King: G1 to G2 ... G2 to G1
  • It's a draw
  • If I were Black:
    • I would have maneuvered the Black Bishop to a position to attack and exchange with the White Bishop
    • And then tried to open up the H column

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic