7.12.2011

41 years ago I attended the MLB All-Star game


1970 Major League Baseball All-Star Game

Comment: It was the Summer between my Junior and Senior year of college. I was working at the Monsanto Chemical Plant in Addyston OH (currently owned by Bayer Polymers).

More information on the game here and here. Riverfront Stadium (now gone!) was brand new. Our seats were way up in nosebleed area behind home plate ... the topmost seats.

What a thrilling game. As I recollect it went past midnight. More information of the game here. President Nixon threw out the first pitch


After the game, I had to go to work (I was working the midnight shift.) As I recollect I arrived to work past 2:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic