7.31.2008

Worry list respite

10 Things to Scratch From Your Worry List

Excerpt (# 10):

Unmarked wormholes. Could your vacation be interrupted by a sudden plunge into a wormhole? From my limited analysis of space-time theory and the movie “Jumper,” I would have to say that the possibility cannot be eliminated. I would also concede that if the wormhole led to an alternate universe, there’s a good chance your luggage would be lost in transit.


Comment: # 7 is deadly sharks. My own barracuda story: My Brother and I scuba dove among barracudas at the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park back in the early '70s. My shark story: After seeing "Jaws", I was swimming in the Gulf S of Tampa. I was with another guy, out about a quarter mile from the shore. Suddenly something black broke the water. Oh I was shocked. I thought it was a shark. It was scuba diver who broke the surface.

1 comment:

  1. Not to be a downer on a fun posting, but speaking of worrying, it's wonderful the peace of God.

    I'm surprised I didn't hear about this on SI. Here's a powerful message. It's about 18 minutes long, but it's real and it's powerful.

    http://blog.greglaurie.com/

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic