6.14.2008

Saturday miscellanea


  1. I took off yesterday to complete my reading of Biblical Separation. I volunteered to do a book review for SharperIron. It's not published on S/I yet but I posted it over at 4BYA.info
  2. Kathee and I finalized our travel plans to Medford Oregon next week.
  3. I have a new small camera that I am checking out. Haven't figured out all the options yet.
  4. One of our cats, Blue, was stuck in the garage all night. He is very happy to be inside (and is now sleeping on our bed)
  5. I think I killed a little critter (chipmonk) with the mower. He wasn't cut and was still soft and supple but was dead under a mowing row. I felt bad about it (still do).
  6. The 4th Young adults sent 2 packages to a Marine in Iraq. I received news that one arrived.
  7. Kathee and I sorted through a giant stack of stuff that needed attention (like AARP renewal ... etc) - nothing high priority but it was bugging K.
  8. We are home alone today. Soon to go to the grocery store.

3 comments:

  1. JP, did you account for gas going up EVERY DAY while you're traveling? Surprise, surprise, the first news of the new week once again is "Oil hits all-time record high." Usually it doesn't take too many days for gas to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traveling: thank God for credit cards! I understand gas in CA is nearly $ 5 per gal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this keeps up there will be civil unrest. I haven't seen it reported much on the tv news, but in countries all over the world there have been mass demonstrations and actual violence over high fuel prices. I think the elite realize this and probably don't want this in America. Isn't Saudi Arabia supposed to increase production here in the next few days or so?

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic