6.11.2007

Safari for Windows




Apple just announced Safari (their web browser) for Windows XP and Vista. I love competition in the computer industry (and all others really!). Competition (which frankly Microsoft seems to love to quash! If their lawyers see this, they will be contacting me, I'm sure!) brings out the best technology.

I find myself disappointed in IE 7 on my Dell home laptop and rarely use it - favoring Mozilla's Firefox.

One can download Safari 3 today! This page also compares and contrasts the performance of Safari with Internet Explorers, Firefox, and Opera.

The BBC reports:

Excerpt:

Chief executive Steve Jobs said Apple "dream big" and wanted to expand the 4.9% market share Safari enjoys.

Mr Jobs was speaking at a conference of developers for Apple products in San Francisco, California.

He said Safari was "the fastest browser on Windows", saying it was twice as fast as Internet Explorer.


For me, I'm done upgrading my 3 year, 8 month old Dell laptop. As soon as MAC OS X Leopard ships, I intend to buy a MAC laptop.


Install and user experience on Dell Inspiron 5100

  1. While Kathee made dinner, I did install Safari on this old laptop
  2. The install was painless and so far my experience has been positive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic